Falling off a dock is hard enough by one’s self, but imagine a small audience or a whole crowd. It gets tense, terse, and embarrassing. There is nothing like that sensation, with the litany of variables that could potentially happen, such as:
1. losing part or all of one’s wardrobe
2. falling on someone’s baby
3. falling in a pile of avian excrement
4. tripping into a labyrinth
5. jumping into a supernatural portal that transports you directly to a nudist colony
As you can see by these simple examples, life is already difficult enough without the fear of dealing with anything that could go wrong hanging out by a wharf, dock, or other mechanism to keep you out of the water when near the shore of any body of water…..